Enterprise Google Chrome Extension Not Installing

 

Had a recent issue where a Google Chrome extension I built wasn’t installing via group policy. After a lot of troubleshooting I found an entry in HKLM\Software\Policies\Google\Chrome\ExtensionInstallSources. Once I deleted that entire registry key (not just the value), the and restarted Chrome, the extension installed using the pushed settings that is in HKLM\Software\Policies\Google\Chrome\ExtensionInstallSources.

Leave a Reply

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>